BC K612 - MAIN FEATURES:
FOR UK CUSTOMERS ONLY : The product will be delivered with the UK PLug
Product Code for Dealer: 700BCK612
- 100% Made in Italy, 3 year guarantee.
- 2 PROGRAMS: 6V for batteries of historic cars and motorcycles & 12V for batteries installed on everyday vehicles (motorcycles, cars, etc)
- For ALL types of traditional 6V / 12 V batteries, from lead-acid to AGM, from 1.2 Ah up to 100 Ah.
- SURE. No spark. Protections against: reverse polarity, short circuit, overcharging, overheating.
- Technology recommended by the best motorcycle and scooter manufacturers
- 100% AUTOMATIC charge and maintenance algorithm with 8 INTELLIGENT CYCLES: initialization, recovery (from 1.25V), light charge, main charge, desulfation, analysis, maintenance and equalization.
- Increase the life of your battery up to 4 times. MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY, minimum energy consumption (maximum 2 euros per year of energy in the bill for continuous use of 365 days / 24 hours).
They are equipped with a wiring with eyelets that we recommend installing permanently on the battery in order to make connecting the product to the battery quick and convenient.
BC K612 - WHAT ADVANTAGES
Our products, if left connected continuously or if at least a monthly maintenance of the battery is carried out (full recharge), they are able to increase the life of the battery up to 4 times. On average, a battery has an expected life of 2 years, with BC Battery Controller battery chargers and maintainers it is possible to have batteries that have a starting point and a useful life of up to 8 to 10 years. They do not involve any electronic compatibility problems with any make and model of motorcycle.
BC K612 - FOR WHICH BATTERIES
All the battery chargers / maintainers of the BC Battery Controller range are entirely produced in Italy and therefore 100% Made in Italy, of the latest generation and among the safest and most advanced on the market. They perform 8 charge cycles fully automatically, designed for perfect recovery, charging, desulfation as well as for the very long-term maintenance of starter batteries present on cars, motorcycles, scooters, campers, tractors, garden vehicles. The BC recharging and maintenance technology is also ideal for stationary batteries "of home alarms". In fact, they can be left connected 365 days a year and in this case entail a consumption of up to 2 euros of electricity in case of continuous use.
Although "deep-cycle" batteries are usually used with 24/48/60 / 80V systems, BC Battery chargers and maintainers are perfect for the maintenance of traction batteries (also called deep cycle), provided that each 12V bank is recharged separately (and it is not necessary to separate the groups of batteries connected to each other), just leave the BC connected directly to a 12V battery.
CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE
• 1 BC K612 battery charger and maintainer
• Cable with eyelets with protection fuse
• Cable with terminals
• Complete instructions
BC K612 - DETAILED FEATURES
BC K612 is an intelligent battery charger and maintainer with its maximum charge current of 1 Amp, it is designed for perfect and complete maintenance of all traditional 6 V / 12 V batteries (lead-acid & AGM) of 1.2 Ah up to 100 Ah.
BC Battery Controller products recharge the battery much faster than traditional battery chargers.
The BC K612 model is able to restore sulphated batteries, recover 1.25V batteries (the lowest level on the market) and is also designed for use on vehicles equipped with "micro-hybrid" start / stop systems.
Thanks to its spark-proof system (anti-spark) and its protections against overloads, polarity inversions and short circuits BC K612 ensures a high level of protection, it has been tested on all brands of motorcycles and scooters, guaranteeing absolute compatibility with the electronic system of each motorcycle / scooter.
Also equipped internally with a state-of-the-art microprocessor, the product is in able to guarantee extreme efficiency in battery recharging and to minimize energy consumption.
Being fully automatic, the BC Battery Controller range battery chargers and maintainers can be left connected to the battery 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for entire months, even for years in complete safety.
With an elegant and compact design, with a very robust body that prevents it from slipping and makes it resistant to scratches, falls, accidental crushing, UV rays and water (IP44), the product is perfect to be used in any circumstance and occasion.
Inside the package there are convenient pliers and practical mounting eyelets to be left connected to the vehicle.
Thanks to the intuitive double pair of LEDs, which also guarantees perfect night vision, BC K612 provides real-time information on the battery charge status, the cycle in progress and the selected charging program.
The product has a 3-year warranty and premium assistance directly from the factory, given the very few cases handled.
CHARGE ALGORITHM - CHARGE PROGRAM
The battery charger is equipped with an internal microprocessor that checks the battery status in real time and performs 8 charge cycles autonomously.
• Phase 1 - Initialization: check that the battery is in an optimal condition to be recharged / recovered making sure that there are no short circuits between one or more battery cells.
• Phase 2 - Recovery: if the battery is in an extreme discharge condition (starting from 1.25V), the device tries to perform a recovery in order to bring it to higher voltages, compatible with the next phase.
• Phase 3 - Light Charge: If the battery is very discharged, the device supplies a light pulsed current to allow the battery to pass the critical phase.
• Phase 4 - Main Charge: during this phase the battery can recover up to 85-90% of its capacity, thanks to the ability of the battery charger to deliver full current.
• Phase 5 - Desulfation / Absorption: in this phase, in order to restore the remaining 10-15% of the battery capacity, the device provides a "controlled overcharge" by desulfation / recovery of the lead-acid cells (for mild or medium sulfation levels ).
• Phase 6 - Battery Analysis: the device interrupts the supply of current for a few tens of minutes and checks that the battery is able to retain the charge received during the previous cycles.
This phase is repeated periodically at regular intervals.
• Phase 7 - Maintenance: thanks to a specially designed electronic circuit, the device maintains the battery charge during periods of inactivity, without overheating, overcharging and water / electrolyte loss.
• Phase 8 - Equalization: this phase is carried out every 30 days in order to rebalance the battery cells, thus avoiding electrolyte stratification phenomena.
BC K612 - CHARACTERISTICS
• 8-cycle charging algorithm suitable for all types of traditional 6V / 12 V batteries, from lead-acid to AGM, from 1.2 Ah up to 100 Ah.
• Pair of green / red LEDs to indicate the charging phase and any errors.
- Green LED (CHARGE): cycle in progress (Charging, Desulfation, Maintenance ...);
- Red LED (ERROR): diagnostic problem detected (pole inversion, short circuit, battery not connected ...).
• Pair of yellow LEDs that indicate in real time the selected program: 6 Volt or 12 Volt
• Real-time monitoring of battery parameters during all charge cycles.
• Battery overcharge protection: activated when the internal microprocessor detects a voltage higher than a predetermined value; no risk of bubble formation for all batteries on the market (also MF and Gel).
1. Protection against inversion of battery poles.
2. Short circuit protection (also permanent).
3. Overheating protection: the supplied current is automatically limited in case of excessive heating of the device.
Input voltage: 220-240V ac, 50-60Hz
Charging Voltage: 6.9V / 7.2V - nom. 6V / 13.8V / 14.4V - nom. 12V
Charging Current: 0.9 A max
Operating temperature: -20 ° C - + 50 ° C
Dimensions: 130 x 90 x 53 mm